Here We will see “How to Change Laptop’s or Desktop’s , Motherboard, Processor, and or any Hardware without Reinstalling Windows Or without touching your windows Files.
Modify Registry OFFLINE using Windows Installation DVD OR USB Drive or By Using Hiren Boot USB
In This Tutorial We will see How to Modify Registry value of Windows which is using old drivers and thus getting BSOD etc if old Motherboard was dead.
Method 1: Modify Registry OFFLINE using Windows Installation DVD.
5. At System Recovery Options (1st screen) click Next.
6. At Choose a recovery tool screen, choose Command Prompt.
7. At command window type “regedit” (without quotes) & press Enter.
8. In Registry Editor Highlight the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.
9.From File menu select Load Hive (to load the offline registry).
10.Navigate to the disk where Windows installed on (e.g. “C:”).
11. Open the system file found in “%Windir%system32config” directory. (e.g. “C:Windowssystem32configsystem”)
12. Type a Key Name for the offline registry (e.g. “Offline“) and press OK.
13. Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key and you should a new key under it, named with the name you typed before (e.g. ‘Offline” in this example).
14. Expand this new key & navigate (from the left pane) to this subkey:
15. At the right pane double click at Start (DWORD) and change its value data to 0 (zero). Click OK when finish.
16. Perform the same modification to this subkey:
18. When you finish with the modifications, highlight the key you created before (e.g. “Offline”) and from the File menu choose Unload Hive to write back the changes you made to the offline Registry.
20. Enter BIOS settings and specify the SATA mode (IDE-ATA, AHCI or RAID) according your needs or leave the default settings.
21. Exit BIOS settings, remove the Windows Installation DVD from the CD/DVD drive and let Windows to start normally.
Windows should start without problems and then will install the required hard disk controller drivers.