Rooting Redmi Note 4 Involves 4 Steps
Lets Starts with
1. Request for Bootloader unlocking from MI
Here is Steps for Requesting for Bootloader unlocking from MI
a. Sign up for MI account on your Redmi Note 4 (if already signed in then leave)
b. Open http://en.miui.com/unlock & click on Unlock Now Button
c. Enter exciting MI account ID and Password (Details should be same as on your device)
d. After Successful login click on Unlock Now Button.
e. Enter actual Name,Country,Mobile Number and Reason for Unlocking like below
(its better to make ur own reason)
“For rooting my device please give me bootloader unlocking permission”
f. Enter Captcha Code, Tick on Unlocking Disclaimer & Click on “Apply Now“
g. Now will get OTP on your given mobile no which you entered on above form.
h. Enter OTP which you have received on your given mobile number.
i. After verifying ur mobile you will get page saying,
“Application has been successfully submitted, Please be patient review“.
j. As your request for bootloader unlocking get approved you
will receive SMS from
Xiaomi/MI This process usually takes 1 -2 days but sometimes it can takes more than
2. Unlocking Bootloader
Requirement for Bootloader Unlocking Process:
- Redmi Note 4 USB Drivers [Download Link]
- Mi Flash Unlock Tool [Download Link]
- Battery Minimum 50% Charged
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
2. Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool & Extract in any folder
3. Open MiFlashUnlock.exe & Accept Disclaimer
4. Log in with your same Mi Account as on Device. After it will check for unlocking
permission from Mi Server.
5. After check It shows no device is connected. Now Power off your Redmi Note 4 & Boot
into Fastboot mode by pressing Power on + Volume Down button at same time for few
seconds.Your device will boot into fastboot mode, Now Connect your Device to computer
using USB Cable.
6. It will show “Phone Connected” Now Press “Unlock” button to start bootloader unlocking
7. Bootloader unlocking process take 1-2 minutes. After process,press “Reboot Phone” button
to restart your Redmi Note 4 device
3. Installing TWRP
1. Download & install ADB & Fastboot drivers.
2. Download TWRP Recovery img File & Place it in any folder
3. Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock on your Redmi Note 4 by
“Going to Settings > About Phone > Tap 7-8 times on MIUI Version. By This
Developers option will be enabled on your Device.
“Again in Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options. Enable USB Debugging
and OEM Unlock option.
4. Place downloaded Twrp recovery img in any folder and in that folder Open Command
window by Pressing Shif Key + Mouse Right Click choose, “Open Command Window here”
option from menu.
5. Connect your device to computer using USB Cable.
6. In Command Window, enter following to check if device connected or not.
7. Type following code & press enter to boot your device into Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
8. After entering in Fastboot Mode, Install TWRP Recovery .img by enter the following code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Flashing process takes few seconds to Complete. After getting above window you successfully
Flashed/Installed TWRP Recovery on Redmi note 4.
2. Power off your Redmi Note4 & Reboot into Recovery by pressing
Power On + Volume Up buttons. 3. Now you will boot in TWRP Recovery. In TWRP Recovery Tap on Install and Navigate to
Select “SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip” file from your copied path.
4. Now Swipe ” Swipe to Confirm Flash” after few seconds You will see success message.
IMP : Afer installing SuperSU.zip. Don’t reboot your device else device will stuck on Mi
Logo (Mean Bootloop).
5. Now Go Back to TWRP main menu again tap Install and Navigate to Select
“lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip” and Install it by swipe
“Swipe to confirm flash.” Option.
6.The flashing process can takes few seconds After installation,“Reboot” your device and
check for SuperSu in Menu.
First boot can takes some times to boot. You Have successfully Installed TWRP Recovery in
Your Device And ROOTED.
If You Stuck Somewhere Comment Below we will Look into It.